Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jessica Rabbit!

    So I got my Jessica Rabbit costume pretty much finished over the weekend!  This is one I've always wanted to do but I was never sure how I'd feel about wearing a wig and I do NOT want to color my hair again. But I finally decided I’d never know if I didn’t try and I ordered a wig from Epic Cosplay on recommendation from a few other costumers. Turns out wig-wearing is not horrible…not the most fun ever but not horrible.  It’s hot and heavy but it’s a good wig and it looks nice, so I think I’ll survive.

    I stumbled over the perfect red base dress for Jessica in a local thrift store for eight bucks.  EIGHT! It needed some altering but I wasn’t gonna pass it up.

    I had to remove the flare from the skirt which only required taking the side and back seams in from about mid-length.  I ended up tapering the sides in slightly so that the skirt would fall the right way when I added the slit.


    I had some great shiny stretchy material left over from my Siren costume that I used to make the gloves.

    Unfortunately, I remembered *after* I put them in the dye bath that synthetics don’t dye well at all.  So I made a second pair from a cotton blend. (Okay, so it was one of my boyfriend’s undershirts.  But it held dye just fine.)

    Now all I have left to do is style the wig and find a good pair of red heels before March, and she’ll be all ready for All-Con!

No comments:

Post a Comment