Monday, December 2, 2013

The First Post

The First Post...get it? Like the pub??

So. I haven't had a blog since I quit my last one in 2008, but apparently they're cool again. Or I'm just bored. Equally possible. But I figured I'd give it a shot and try to keep up with it!

So, a little about me...my name's Jenny but most everyone knows me as Athena. Works out well for me because if someone yells "Athena!" at a convention I can be pretty certain they're talking to me. I finally got the opportunity to start costuming about two years ago after having wanted to my whole life - I've discovered a passion and a little bit of talent in that area and it's given me an entirely new and rewarding hobby (read: obsession) to fill what little spare time I have. In addition to all my geekiness, I like some normal things like going out to eat and shoes and liquor. A lot of that. I love all kinds of animals (well, not all kinds. I hate spiders. And chihuahuas.) I'm also a grammar nazi and I like parentheses a lot. 

I have a Facebook page that I try to keep up with and a Twitter page that frustrates me because of the character limit...makes it hard to be both witty and grammatically correct. I still use it, though pretty much only to compete with my boyfriend for celebrity retweets. I was once retweeted by Simon Pegg. Top that.

Things I'm likely to talk about on here: Costumes (of course), shoes, my many pets, places I go, new booze I try, movies I see and things that I MUST HAVE. But likely never will. And since I never quite know how to end a post, here's a random pic of myself and Boromir. I love that guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment